Friday, July 09, 2004
 
I have no idea what I'm doing
I feel pressure. I've had a computer for a long time. I've kept up with all the latest "conveniences" the Internet has to offer (e-mail, shopping, newsgroups, etc.) and now I feel pressure to fit myself in to the Active Blogger category.

So here I am. I know nothing about HTML or anything even remotely close to any kind of programming language, so this is as good as this blog will ever look. Sorry.

It's called Pops' Bucket because I am Pops. This is my clever way conveying to readers that I am capable of procreation. That is not an idle boast either. It's been well proven.

The Bucket part refers to the fact that I intend to use this space as a catch-all. I cannot guarantee that the things you find in this bucket will be appetizing, useful or even remotely interesting. But then blogging is all about self-indulgence, isn't it?

It's "Look at me" for the instant-gratification set. I'd be a hypocrite if I pretended that I wasn't talking about myself as well.

So for the most part, here's what to expect: I am not that intersting. I have kids with whom I stay home five days a week while my wife works. I read alot. I can spell reasonably well. Do I have opinions about anything? I guess that remains to be seen, at least in this forum.

If you are looking for blogs with lots of dishy gossip or deep personal revelation or graphic retellings of wild, swinging nights, this is not the place for you.

In fact, I apologize if you found this blog while searching for something interesting to read. Google made me set it up. I felt the pressure and I completely and totally caved.

Pops

|

Powered by Blogger