Tuesday, July 13, 2004
 
Is it really this bad?
Estimated Days Until Blog Burnout: 3 (getting suddenly very close)

I've officially reached a third level of observation about my fledgling blog: it's boring. Visually I mean, wise-guy. I'm suddenly overcome with a sense of cheesy shallowness after seeing the lengths and extent to which people go to make their blogs a cheery (or at least tolerable) place to visit. My blog, on the other hand is a cookie-cutter, the AOL of blogs. If I were looking for a blog to read, I wouldn't read this one. The pre-fab nature of it is depressing and disheartening, hence the staggering drop-off in the EDUBB index above.

It's uninspiring to say the least.

Plus I'm posting too much. It's like suddenly discovering I like kiwi fruit and then eating kiwi fruit breakfast lunch and dinner for a week. This is one side of burnout, or so I've been reading. The other side of it is when your blog becomes so popular that you can't keep up with the public pressure and follow all the comments and demands on your time. Luckily I am in no danger of that.

In fact, I'm so clueless about how this thing works, I'm not entirely certain that this is available publically. The Blogger people seem satisified that it is, but I have no way of really verifying it. The problem is that if I could confirm it, I would fail at my stated goal to never have this blog read by a single other person. But that goal is no fun if that isn't at least a possibility and that requires some level of visibility.

Hoo boy, we're going to be off the charts today as we move along into...

[Slight change. I've renamed the Narcissism Scale to the Narcissus Scale, after the mythological figure from which the former is taken. It's just classier.]

Today's Post on the Narcissus Scale: 8.9 (angst abound)


Pops

|

Powered by Blogger