Tuesday, July 27, 2004
 
Sold!
I will forego announcements of imminent Blogger Burnout for the time being.  I'll be saving them for moments of real Motivational Crisis.  Fear not, they happen regularly.

Watched Bill Clinton's speech to the DNC in Boston last night.

You know those pictures they used to have at the mall that looked like a jumble of colorful nonsense, but if you stared at it enough you saw a 3D picture of a sailboat or something?

Watching his speech last night and then weighing my options in the current presidential contest, I realized something: Kerry and Bush = jumble of nonsense (not even colorful, sorry).  Clinton = 3D sailboat.  I pride myself thinking that's probably the first time he' s been described in that way.

Look, I realize that he's probably the Devil.  I'm about 75% certain on this.  The other 25% thinks he's Luke Duke from The Dukes of Hazzard.

But Devil or Luke Duke, whatever he's selling I'm buying.  The man can give the hell out of a speech.  I am not looking forward to John Kerry's stentorian Plan-o-matic speech wherein he lays out in stultifying detail how he is going to save America by boring us to death on Thursday.  Even less am I looking forward to GWB's squinty-eyed, fumbling earnestness where he tells us what we ought to think and suggests that to disagree is to be in favor of al Qaeda.

Sure, Republicans all hated him, but come on, admit it, we all miss Slick Willy.  America's Funnest President.  He makes Warren G. Harding look like... well, Warren G. Harding.

This is where I sigh heavily, but you can't hear it over the Internet.


This post on the Narcissus Scale: 3.1

 
Pops


ALERT ALERT ALERT
Things are apparenlty going to plan.  The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie teaser trailer is available.  I haven't seen it myself as there are apparently a zillion other dorks like me eating up all the available bandwidth.

I am currently reading The Brothers Karamazov and thus expect the film project to be announced momentarily.  Dostoyevsky for the masses.  Should be brutal.


Comments:
Speaking for moderate Republicans everywhere, I don't hate Clinton. I think he was kind of like Calvin Coolidge, but a lot less personally...moral. And you can't really hate Coolidge. You just can't remember him.
 
I turned 18 in 1992. For Democrats roughly my age, Clinton will always be Elvis.

The good and the bad.

Which means he'll end up dead on a toilet seat eventually, which would be kind of a downer. But at least we'll get a "Vegas" period of his life before it all comes to a grotesque and tragic end.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Powered by Blogger