Tuesday, August 10, 2004
 
Where I have nothing to say
Look, we got up early because the guy came to clean our carpets. That's not a euphemism, we really got our carpets clean.

Then we had to go to buy uniforms for my son who will be starting kindergarten soon at the one time only ever in your lifetime school uniform sale that was today. My son is sick with up-and-down fever, so he squirmed and cried the whole time, as did both of his brothers. They were like the three-man doo-wop act in the eighth level of hell. I swear they can whine in harmony.

Then, since my wife had taken the day off (the one time sale ever remember?), we took the kids to our once-a-year trip to the beach. Pops hates the beach. It's all sandy and... beachy. So we did that for a few hours. Then the oldest's fever starts to spike, so he wilts in the sunlight.

So we come back here (in traffic, 90+ minutes later) and it is literally triple-digit hot inside our house when we get back. We eat and just to escape, I decide to go to my aikido class.

Except there, it's triple-digit hot but now I have to move around and junk. Oy. Now it's nearly 11 and I'm home and I'm tired, so I have nothing left with which to entertain you people. Is that OK? Is Pops allowed to take it easy just once?

Bloodsuckers. Jesus.


This post on the Narcissus Scale: 5.9


Pops

Comments:
1) Ha ha. Children.
2) Don't convince me otherwise.
3) I live in Chicago for a reason. No three digit temps.
 
Amy: This is a content-optional blog.

Diana: I live in California for a reason. No double-digit humidity. Or bugs of any kind. Or snow. Ever. Except way up in the mountains and then only if I want to go see it. Did I mention no snow?
 
How can you say no bugs? There are creatures in the south west that give me nightmares. And the humidity isn't that bad. So you have curly hair in the summer... Ok, you have a point. I hate the humidity, but I never go outside anymore except for my yoga classes in the evening.
However, this summer has been beautiful. Currently, we have September/October weather.
 
No, we don't have bugs as far southwest as California. We have a couple of mosquitoes, but not so many as you'd notice. And there are ants of course, and spiders, but if you drive through California your windshield will never look like you'd been attacked with a paintball gun.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Powered by Blogger