Sunday, October 31, 2004
 
...And I'm Spent
We bought 5 bags of candy in preparation for the night. Combination of light turnout for our dark little corner of the cul-de-sac and extraordinary activity by my two oldest boys in their collection efforts, I think we have actually came away with a net gain in household candy stores on the night.

Quite a feat.

Here's something: if you throw away the wrappers as you go there is no way humanly possible to track the number of snack-size Twix bars you eat. Could be 2, could be 115. Who's to say?

The long slow march toward type-2 diabetes has begun.

If we consider the sugar-intake-spike plus the fact that my kid has to do a presentation tomorrow morning... I've developed a case of the shakes.

Trying to sleep should be fun.

Goddamn time change doesn't help either.


Pops

Comments:
This morning I ate 2 mini Almond Joys, a Reese's, two parts of a Kit Kat, and a mini Snickers, all in under 6 minutes. It was as if the Deadly Sin Gluttony visited me while I slept and taunted me. I mean, I woke up, went down to the candy bowl and had at it. No stopping. No apologies. Just pure sugar intake like some wild animal had inhabited my body. Then I gave my kids candy for breakfast in my sugar-induced haze. (Want M&M's? Sure!)After the candy, I made them eat a banana for good measure. Halloween rocks.
 
Mmm, chocolate and bananas... hey, isn't that the Elvis Presley diet? No, I guess you'd have to deep fry it all and then wash it down with some quaaludes in order for it to be that.
 
Let the sugar rush that won't end until Jan 1st (or maybe later) of next year begin! It's the gauntlet of candy/chocolate/fatty foods for the next two months. My arteries are constricting in anticipation!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Powered by Blogger