Wednesday, October 13, 2004
 
Event Horizon
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm nervous. It's here. Today's the day. The Showdown.

Of course this isn't the end, but it's going to go a long way toward determining what the end looks like. The reverberations will be felt all over the hemisphere, if not the world, and especially right there in Washington.

The atmosphere is going to be crazy. The support on both sides is vociferous (to quote the president) and rabid. The house should be rockin'.

That's right, it's just a few hours away.

Tonight the US men's soccer team plays Panama in a World Cup qualifier semi-final round match at RFK Stadium in DC with a chance to advance to the final round with a win (enough clauses in there for you? Good). Or a loss by Jamaica. I think. Or maybe Jamaica has to tie. I forget.

Anyway, if they win, they advance. 4:30 Pacific/7:30 eastern. Set your TiVo now.

Oh, hang on, did you think I was talking about... oh yeah oh yeah, that debate thing.

Yeah, that's tonight too.

The topic tonight is domestic policy, in Tempe, Arizona.

Here's a preview:

BUSH: Man, it's October, for chrissakes. Should it really be this hot still? Jesus.

KERRY: I don't know what the president is talking about. I love Arizona. It's a dry heat. Plus it's where John McCain is from. I love that man. And he loves me.

BUSH: Fuck you, Frankenstein, he loves me. You all saw that picture of him hugging me. Totally spontaneous, that was.

KERRY: With all due respect, Mr. President, everyone knows John--excuse me, Senator McCain--thinks you're a total ass-hat. He secretly told me that he hopes I win.

BUSH: Yeah, him and all the anonymous "world leaders" are pulling for you.

KERRY: You shut up about that. I said that like eight months ago, you retard.

BOB SCHIEFFER, MODERATOR: Gentlemen please. Can we stick to the subject?

BUSH: Right Charlie, sorry. Look, the economy is doing really really well. Vote for me.

KERRY: No it isn't. Vote for me.

And, scene.

Well, it'd be funnier that way anyway.

Gotta go. House full of sick people, not including myself (yet). Much tending and chicken-soup-microwaving to be done.


This post on the Narcissus Scale: 6.1


Pops

Comments:
I'm watching it now, and I do have a question. I'll apologize ahead of time for not knowing (and having to ask), but are they given the questions before the debates? I know they prep for this, but do they have the questions beforehand?
 
No, B. They don't know the questions. Unless they hired a bunch of wacky teenagers to steal the exam.
 
B: With the level of prep involved, even though they are not given the answers, the moderator is going to have to try really really hard to come up with one they haven't practiced for.

SJ: We're taking this idea and pitching it to Miramax RIGHT NOW.
 
records audio for you
built-in editor
scrolls text for you
user-adjustable font size
brand any element (text, graphics, URLs, banners)
easy to learn
video tutorials show you how
easily combine text, audio and graphic all-in-one
powerful WYSIWYG Text Editor
import pre-recorded voice or music file
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Powered by Blogger