Sunday, October 24, 2004
 
This Post Has Nothing To Do With Vietnamese Hookers
For the all-encompassing, depthless, hopeless narcissist who has already given in to the temptation of blogging, Sitemeter is the tool for you. Nothing fills your empty time like obsessing over original visits and page-views on an hourly/daily/weekly/monthly/etc. basis.

My favorite part of Sitemeter (after the ego stroke, of course) is the By Referrals part where you can see where people are coming from. I think that's what it tells you. If it's not, disregard the rest of this.

Most of these are blog addresses, which makes sense and is fine, allowing me to reciprocate contact, but the really fun ones are the Google, Yahoo! or any other kind of engine search that randomly turns up Pops' Bucket.

You never know who might accidentally wander in looking for something else entirely.

Nosing through my latest collection of unfortunate wandering souls, I was only slightly disturbed when I found this link amongst the Referrals page.

I didn't come up until #51 on the list of site matches, but still, anytime someone associates you with Vietnamese Hookers it's a big day for your blog.

I realize that I just associated my blog yet again with that word. Maybe I have a shot to move up from 51. Here's hoping.

My own mention of Vietnamese hookers (third time lucky) was, of course, a throwaway line in a drawn out, self-defeating joke, just like all the other throwaway, drawn out, self-defeating joke, the absence of which would negate the very existence of this blog.

The unwitting drawing of new eyeballs into the Bucket here cuts both ways--increased traffic, but the potential attached stigma of being associated with Indochina's booming sexual tourism industry.

The power of words blithely and recklessly printed here is also made readily apparent. Anything I say, however random and out-of-context for potential Googlers, will potentially become keywords and draw me into search results.

Keeping that in mind, some lists concerning my experiences thus far with my blog and internet searches:

Other distasteful/random things I have been associated with completely by accident: scrotum weights, Philo T. Farnsworth, a song entitled "Throw The Jew Down The Well", Michelle Malkin.

Other things I realize I will be associated with since I've recently blogged them: poetry, flu vaccine, The Brothers Karamazov, "Bullet With Butterfly Wings", Tucker Carlson

Other things I would like to be associated with and will now become so by including the follwing key words in this post: world peace, cold fusion, key lime pie recipes, holistic antifungal remedies.

Random things I will now insert to fuck with search engine users: Bush twins nude! Ann Coulter nude! Mary Cheney nude!

So if you've found this blog looking for Vietnamese hookers or Women Associated With Conservative Politics In Various States Of Undress, I say "Welcome, Confused and Misguided Pervs!"

Now fuck off. What is the matter with you? Sick bastards.


This post on the Narcissus Scale: 8.3


Pops

Comments:
Oh sick bastards doesn't even begin to describe the people out there. Every single day 4-5 people come to my site after typing in the word 'booger.' I know it is someone new each time because, come on, after the first time, you know my site isn't the one you're looking for. My all time favorite is the search for "mud boogers and women." WTF is that all about?

And I won't hide my shock and horror after finding out that the words 'face fucking, gagged vomiting' turned up my site on Google. (NO. I didn't use those words together like that, but I'm sure they've all been used.) The fact that people search for this....oh, now they've found your site, Pops. So sorry. No way around it.

My husband told me I should start doing what you've done in today's post. Putting in blantantly wrong words you know some sicko is looking for. Men. They all think alike.
 
Not all men think alike. Some of us vote for Republicans, for instance. I don't understand it either, but that's what I've been lead to believe.

Your husband sounds like a smart guy. Rational, insightful, quick-witted and possessing a great subtlety of mind. Probably dead sexy too. Congratulations.
 
Just be glad it wasn't "Dead Vietnamese Hookers"--ew. Hm, pretty sick stuff, man; no wonder this world is going to hell in a handbasket. Well, I found your site after looking up "fluffy pomerarian balls"--that's normal, right?
 
Oh my goodness, this was a great first post to read since my week in bed covering my eyes and hiding from the light like a damn vampire. I was LMAO. Nude Bush twins. You're asking for it.

Rory
 
Steph: The scary thing is that both you and I know there are people out there right now doing internet searches for dead Vietnamese hookers.

And the fluffy pomeranian balls... um... no comment.

Rory: Welcome back to the world of the living. I'm glad you made it back today instead of when I was posting lots of drivel about 19th century Russian literature. You're a very lucky woman.
 
Off topic, Pops, you should read this
http://www.robertsilvey.com/notes/2004/10/cry_wolf_mispla.html

Also, word on Mrs. Pops' j tothe o tothe b?
 
Gosh thanks SJ. I wasn't nearly depressed enough, but now that I read that, I'm seriously considering opening up my wrist.

No, seriously, I'm reserving pissed-offedness. Each fuck-up has been worse than the last and still somehow the polls are margin-of-error close. Some of the under-the-radar voter information is encouraging (first time voters, both young and never-bothered-before types, are tracking like 2-to-1 for Kerry and don't typically make it into major tracking polls), but I just get the awful feeling that no amount of horrifying incompetence is going to shake any red states loose.

And the storm clouds are gathering at Mrs. Pops' work today. The Rumor Mill expects announcements today and action tomorrow.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Powered by Blogger