Friday, December 31, 2004
 
Cursewords
I've learned lots of things in 2004, the most important of which is this: never write a blog post on your laptop. Because there's no actual mouse, just that little fingerpad thingy. And if you are writing in your Blogger New Post window and you highlight all the text from the bottom and the scroll up in order to copy it and save it so as to protect it from accidental deletion, there is the possibility that the text will disappear never to be recovered.

Isn't that hilarious? It doesn't happen when I use the mouse to highlight it, just when I use the SHIFT and the arrow keys. If you get aaaall the way to the top and then go up just one more line off the top of the window and *BLINK* she is gone.

This is all by way of telling you I was more than half-way through a year-end retrospective when I deleted all my the extant text. Stupid laptop.

So here I am now back on my desktop, trying to decide if it's worth it to start all over again. I can't right now because there are walls left that I haven't driven my head through as yet. Wish me luck.


Pops

Comments:
Oh it's worth it all right. 'Sides, like you got more important stuff to do--like "parenting" or some such nonsense. Live, dammit, live!
 
Steph: Crisis past. The resultant post was boring and self-indulgent. The stuff I lost was gold, pure gold. Shame.

MPH: God spoke to Reggie White too when He told him not to retire from football the first time. Then He struck Reggie down at 43. I try not to listen.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
|

Powered by Blogger