Tuesday, July 19, 2005
 
¡Feliz Cumpleaños!
Well, that's it. I'm a little disappointed that I wasn't able to squeeze Harry Potter for a full week's worth of posts, but that's just how it goes I guess. If I say any more, I'll really have to give some plot-points away and ruin the experience for those who haven't read it yet. I know how much enjoyment it would have robbed from me to know ahead of time about Ron and Hermione's secret wedding right at the end. It's my own personal sensitivities that make me so thoughtful and empathetic, I think.

It is time to move on. I know when the well has run dry. I know normally around here, dry-wells usually mean three or four more days of scraping at the sandy, muddy bottom in the constant, desperate search for material, but today's a big day.

Today is Mrs. Pops' birthday. She's 31, just like me.

She's one of those strange ladies who says "don't get me anything" and actually means it. The thought of spending money on stuff makes her hyperventilate.

But luckily I, unlike her, understand that there is good hyperventilation and bad hyperventilation. What's the difference, you may ask? Well, running out and spending $50 on a gift for her would make her turn blue, pass out, possibly choke on her own vomit and die. So that's bad.

The good kind of hyperventilation is the kind where you're surprised, maybe a little adrenaline flow mixed with just a tiny hint of endorphins.

Like for instance if I were to show her something like this:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sure, maybe it is a little passive-aggressive of me to make it too small, but look, she complained that the last picture I posted like this didn't show "enough leg", so it's never going to be exactly right.

Maybe it seems a little emasculating to post pictures of some other guy for my wife's viewing pleasure on my own blog, but only for those of you out there who haven't been married for nearly eight years (or more). For those long-time marrieds out there reading, they understand: it is totally emasculating.

But that doesn't mean we can't have any fun. I mean, look at this one:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Hello darling... Do not deny it... I know you are looking at my ball..."

I bet the guys on the team never gave him any shit for that one. And this one...

Image hosted by Photobucket.comWe'll just have to let this one speak for itself.

As it happens, today is also my dad's birthday. If these pictures do anything for him... well, frankly I don't want to know about it.

That's all. I know it isn't Harry Potter or Tocqueville, but I think it's somewhere safely in between.


This post on the Narcissus Scale: 9.9


Pops

|

Powered by Blogger