Monday, October 17, 2005
 
Monday Lite: Good Grief, You Blockheads
Whew.

Does anyone else remember yesterday? Because I don't. All I know is I woke up this morning and my mouth really really hurt. It was swollen almost completely shut. And there's blood everywhere. This happened to me once before, but I was in an alleyway in Rangoon that morning after I'd gotten separated from my tour group. But at least that made sense. This is just weird.

Maybe there are clues in yesterday's blogpost. Hang on while I read it...

Oh.

Well, that's embarrassing. The bad news is that I can't really speak all that well, so there will be no podcast today. The good news is I don't podcast, so you get my non-verbalized verbiage from my working fingers to your working eyes. Congratulations.

Well, there are Seven Stages of Grief to work through. Yesterday was obviously "Denial". I think the complete list is Shock, Anger, Denial, Depression, Greed, Lust and Doc. Oh wait, and Acceptance. Hang on, that's eight. I messed something up there. Are there Eight Stages of Grief? Damn. I can't remember. If only I had some kind of instantly-accessible resource at my fingertips I could use to do some kind of word-search with to help me. Ah well. That kind of stuff is for the distant future when my grandkids commute to the moon for work via personal rocketpack.

Anyways, I feel like I've moved on a little bit into some good healthy depression. Add to that the fact that as of yesterday fall finally arrived in SoCal with lots of rain and dark, gloomy skies to highlight and deepen dark thoughts. If I didn't know better, I would say that Jesus wants me to kill myself. But what He doesn't realize is that I actually like the rain. So eat that, Messiah! You're going to have Pops to kick around for a little longer.

I can already feel the depression starting to wane. It's amazing what a positive attitude and a pint of Wild Turkey for breakfast can do for a man's disposition. I'm really looking forward to Greed and Lust. Doc I'm a little wary of, but if anything, I'd say my trip to Rangoon proved I'm up for anything once. Just no butt stuff.



This post on the Narcissus Scale: 8.8


Pops


PS- I know I was out of it, but did Stallone really announce Rocky VI? Damn. I was sure that was the psychotropics.

|

Powered by Blogger