Monday, November 14, 2005
 
Monday Lite Self-Reference-Palooza
You know, you spend a certain amount of time crafting and perfecting and proofreading a blogpost in order to dazzle your readers, and what do you get out of it?

I used the word "anathema" in last night's post. I thought that was pretty good. Sure, the fact that I have it in my vocabulary at all speaks to a monkish late-adolescence reading about religious history instead of drinking somebody's mom's wine-coolers until I threw up on the cheerleader I was supposed to be banging, but that doesn't negate the wonder that is language. Anathema, people. It even looks all Greek-y.

But which word did you people notice? "Sodomize."

Typical.

And for the record, I was using the term "sodomy" as I understood it in the legal sense, which means any act of non-procreative sex that might be considered "deviant".

Of course by "understood", I mean "vaguely recalled, but too lazy to look up, even though it would only take a second on the internet; but hey, it looks good and besides, what kind of a prick would call me on it?"

Thanks for the help, PetCo. God bless.

Since this is the Monday after a long Sunday post, I leave you to contemplate the logo of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's supposed to say something about local geopolitical and economic unity, but to me it just reminds me of my favorite page in my 7th grade biology textbook. Except in that book, I don't remember the uterus being on fire like that. That's one serious STD.



This post on the Narcissus Scale: 10.0


Pops

|

Powered by Blogger