Wednesday, March 15, 2006
 
The Hassle
My oldest boy has only been in school for about a year and half, but... well, I don't remember last March being this much of a pain in the ass. Sure, there were the strict entrance requirements just to get him into Catholic school kindergarten last year (forty lashes, month-long fasting, desecrating Jewish cemetaries, killing a homeless guy) but that was all for a purpose. Now it's just busy work.

They've been reading folk-stories and fables in his first grade class, which is already weird. You know what I learned in first grade? The word "cock". None of this fancy book-learnin'.

Anyway, they're recreating the details of some fable which means they're going to make us sit through a presentation and then eat food prepared by 6-year-olds.

I went to public school. I'm not used to this. We didn't have gatherings or celebrations to illustrate or commemorate the things I learned in first grade. We didn't have Cock Day. We didn't have that until high school and then it was only for the slutty cheerleaders, for whom EVERY day was Cock Day.

So I have to go. Speaking of the c-word, though, I leave you with the following image to get you through the day with less-than-optimal-Pops.



Salut.


This post on the Narcissus Scale: I don't even care


Pops

|

Powered by Blogger