Sunday, March 19, 2006
 
Total Sanity!
Well, I know I don't have to tell you because you all watched, but the final score was 75-51. And UCR was the team with 51. I still can't believe it. This "March Madness" stuff is just all lies. How can the team ranked below #200 in the country possibly not beat the #1 ranked team in the country? How is #1 crushing #200+ "madness"? It hardly qualifies. It's utterly predictable if you ask me. It's not even "a little nutty". It doesn't even qualify as "wonky" or "pear-shaped" or "slightly off-kilter". It's just some lame, uneventful stuff that happened.

If I were a cynic, I'd say that CBS, ESPN and the NCAA have teamed up to sell us a bill of goods. I'd even go so far as to charge that "March Madness" isn't even an actual psycho-medical condition but rather some umbrella marketing scheme under which college basketball is sold. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I checked all the reputable medical literature and "March Madness" is not in there.

I do have this mole on the underside of my arm that I'm convinced in malignant now, though. I've had it all my life, but I compared it to the pictures of melanoma I saw while researching this blogpost and it looks a little fishy. I mean that literally: it's small and fish-shaped. So either I'm going to die, or I'm the risen Christ. All things being equal, I hope it's the first one.

Diseases and marketing... same old sad story. Just like when ABC gave Michael J. Fox Parkinson's Disease just so we would watch Spin City. I'm not falling for that again. Although I will say that little plot did ignite in me the spark that lit the flame that is my white-hot heterosexual man-crush on Michael Boatman.

So my team lost in it's first ever National Tournament appearance. How am I taking it, you ask?
Surprisingly well, all things considered.



This post on the Narcissus Scale: 10.0


Pops

|

Powered by Blogger