Friday, October 20, 2006
 
Open Thread
Circumstances--by which I mean the requirements laid on me by the private school that I PAY FOR, whose orders I am somehow compelled to obey--dictate that I do not have the requisite time (usually 4 to 6 hours on average) to put together a top-flight Bucket post.

I will be attending a recitation and song program put on by kindergartners. I should be back to regular posting strength Sunday night barring some kind of nasty hyperglycemic reaction to the giant piles of Cute I will be forced to endure.

In the meantime, you can feel free to discuss any of the decidedly non-cute topics in the news in the comment section below. Or just take turns comparing "Pops is a douchebag" stories. You know you got 'em.

You could try talking about:

1) The first-stage plans to eventually totally fuck up Eritrea. Iraq doesn't have the traction it once did, politically speaking. Eritrea is African (a boon to geography teachers everywhere) and small enough to totally occupy with a squad of junior high school flag girls.

2) President Bush finally says: "Iraq and Vietnam? Yeah, I guess I can understand how you'd see that." Oh, and also that the terrorists want Democrats to win in November. One step forward, two steps back.

3) A priest in Malta says, yes, he probably did sexually molest Mark Foley when Foley was 13. But the priest would like you to know that it wasn't that big a deal. "It's not something you call, I mean, rape or penetration or anything like that, you know," he told the TV station in a telephone interview. "It was just fondling." I thought pedophiles were supposed to be charming? I mean, I still don't feel bad for Mark Foley at all, but if you're going to be molested, it's bad luck to be molested by a guy who's such a dick. Can't be good for the self-esteem.

OK, discuss away. I have an insulin shot to get to. Have a Buckety good day!



Pops

|

Powered by Blogger